Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quick update

Yes I am still alive.

Didn't manage to connect yesterday.

Yesterday was a trip up the Mekong river. Beautiful, and at the same time full of emotionally hard stuff to consume. The poverty is striking along the river. The families you see are probably better off than many, yet they have not got much.

We traveled for most of the day and got to see only a small part of the Mekong delta and river. The river itself floats through six countries, I will only visit two of them on this trip.

Today I visited the war museum before heading up to Cambodia.
Man... The emotions that are stirred from the images and stories in that place... It is breath taking. I don't think any one can visit that museum and leave without feelings of sadness and anger at how man is capable of committing such atrocities.

I will have to return to that topic once I have digested it more.

Now I will kick back and relax in a really luxurious hotel here in Siam Reap, so that I have enough energy to roam around Angkor Wat all of tomorrow.

I am really enjoying this vacation. (I heard that it was snowing back home, I am soooo not missing Sweden right now.)

No comments: